proof korrasami is canon
korra getting revenge for Asami’s ‘accidental’ boob grope
home is wherever i’m with you, a korra week (day 4 - home) fanmix - for korra and the krew, because she doesn’t have to do this alone. (and for you, who will probably start crying at the mention of anything korra related, because the book 3 finale screwed you up and you’re in desperate need of good times and a happy, smiling korra because only god knows when that will happen again) [listen here]
tracklisting: we’re not alone - echosmith / place for us - mikky ekko / dreaming - smallpools / home - edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros / something good can work - two door cinema club / tomorrow never dies - 5 seconds of summer / young volcanoes - fall out boy / team - lorde / weightless - all time low / c’mon - panic! at the disco / kids - mikky ekko / new ceremony - dry the river / it’s time - imagine dragons
cover art credit: http://ayki0.deviantart.com/art/LoK-YOU-aRE-My-FaMiLy-NOw-300262366
- Main female character who is brown and muscular, multidimensional and has agency
- Main female character takes responsibility for the change in the world her actions has caused
- 50/50 male-female character count and talking ratio
- A variety of significant female characters in 13 episodes Females: Korra, Asami, Jinora, P’Li, Ming-Hua, Hou-Ting, Lin, Suyin, Opal, Granny Yin, Kya — (in comparison) Males: Mako, Bolin, Kai, Tenzin, Raiko, Ghazan, Zaheer, Zuko, Aiwei, Tonraq
- Half of the fight scenes fought by women, women fight men, women fight women, women work together
- Women and men being equally dangerous and skilled
- Two different women genuinely liking each other and not caring about the messy love triangle they were involved in
- Those two women on good terms with their ex and poking fun at the awkwardness
- Romantic love wasn’t the main concern or motivation of any female character except for the very tall woman (Opal and Jinora’s priorities are different despite having romantic moments)
- Woman teaching another woman how to drive
- Woman being good at mechanical things and it saved an entire crew from the desert, said woman welds while wearing lipstick and fabulous hair
- Senile grandma is treated with respect and patience by her family
- The main villains is a group composed of two men and two women
- One important villain is a middle-aged woman who rules the largest kingdom with an iron fist, she’s tyrannical which is the opposite of her weak father
- Armless woman being one of the deadliest fighters
- Armless woman driving
- The tallest member of the Red Lotus is a woman
- A couple where the woman is like 6 inches taller and was never played for laughs
- A story arc dedicated to the relationship of two middle aged sisters plus an aunt + relationship too
- Sisters had different fathers and was raised by a blind single mother
- Main female character is taught how to bend metal by a woman
- One sister who founded her own city while having a successful marriage and five kids
- Said sister’s husband isn’t relevant and got a single line (reverse trope)
- The other sister chose to be single because she didn’t want kids
- When the main character was in distress, said two sisters and two brothers came to rescue her
- Main heroine willingly sacrifices herself to save others
- Her back-up group includes an elite metal team led by a woman
- A father’s “death” is the source of rage of the main female character, which is a reverse of the typical trope
- Airbenders were led by a little girl to rescue female main character in the finale
- Said little girl became the first airbending master of a generation. She shaved her head and was proud of it and it was celebrated
- Main female character is depressed and physically damaged at the end of the show but she’s with very supportive group of family and friends
My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered Love Amongst the Dragons every year!
I can’t believe it took me this long to draw anything from The Search. I loved the detail they put into building Ursa’s character in conjunction with the series.
OY! KYHU! DON’T WORRY! KEEP-YOUR-HEAD-UP!
What happened is far from ok. AND THAT’S WHY WE ARE HERE!
This is a message to Kyhu-Krew! So listen up everybody!
We all know that K-Y-H-U is an amazing artist and a big part of the fandom! Well for me personally - she was the reason I got this tumblr. So, I am not gonna sit back and wait. Ya know.
The Legend of Korra fandom wouldn’t feel the same without her amazing talent and art and hard work she has put into this. So, it’s time we show her how much we appreciate her. Now more than ever.
Alright everybody, here is how this works:
We are gonna make this post a list of all the people who appreciate KYHU and her art. So, what I ask of you is this:
Reblog the lates reblog of this post and then ad your own name to it! Come on! Let KYHU see what she means to all of us!
I’ll start with myself :P (Also take the opportunity to say something guys!)
ballisticartistic - Kyhu you are one of a kind! And I appreciate all you do for us and for making this fandom what it is. Your streams always lift my spirits and make my day! SO, I hope you are doing good and that you’ll be back again soon!
Kyhu, I admired your work for a long time before I first joined one of your livestreams, they became the highlight of my day. I met so many amazing people thanks to you. But also, I am very grateful that I met you; you’re an amazing person, always kind to everyone and I just really appreciate it that I can call you a (Tumblr) friend <3